Morning Ya’ll! Another Friday means time for another coffee date! I’m actually on the road (again) today. I told you this year was going to be crazy with travel! This is just a quick weekend trip to deliver some equipment we sold. A full day of driving there and a full day of driving back with two days of craziness in between. We live life on the wild side. I had my coffee at 5am when it was my turn to drive. Horrible Gas station coffee. It was too dark to take a picture but I’m sure you’ve all seen a bad cup of gas station coffee. Once you’ve seen one you’ve seen them all….
So this week the theme of our Coffee Date is 5 things you might not know about me. I wish I could have done a video but being on the road with limited internet makes it hard to upload (darn “no service” areas!) So I’m going to do my best to make it interesting by writing it out. Here we go….
1. I broke my Orbital by punching myself in the face during a car accident in 2006.I had reconstructive surgery on it. This made me super weird about thing being around my face/eye. I would randomly yell out “MY ORBITAL” if anything came near it.
2. When I was intern I was on a drama team that traveled around to different large youth conferences each weekend. I had an amazing acting coach and I loved acting. I almost applied to go to school for it in NY. Then I met a boy…
3. Said boy and I dated for about 6 months before we eloped one Monday night while I was in Missouri for a visit. I wore a jean skirt and black t-shirt. His roommates were the only ones there because we needed witnesses. We never looked back and never regretted it.
4. My grandpa is full blooded Cuban. Which makes me 1/4 Cuban. I can speak conversational spanish and always try to classify myself as hispanic. Now that I am as white as a Cullen from living in Missouri people never believe me.
5. I was the Commanding Officer of my JROTC program in High School. I got to wear an awesome sword belt and command a company of 200+ cadets. I also twirled guns on the drill team. I was the only girl on the Armed Drill Team and I liked it that way. I felt pretty hardcore.
I’m the one in the front with the sword!
So, there you have it. 5 completely random facts you might not have known about me.
Your turn – If we were meeting for coffee what would you tell me?
Any random facts about yourself you’d like to share?
Linking up with Alissa from Rags to Stitches